Monday, February 20, 2017

Footers Dug and Chores of all Kinds

I am glad the weather has been good to me. We have had just enough rain to soften the ground so I could get things done. Footers are dug all except where the trailer still sits and I can't do anymore till it is gone. Luckily it is where the living room area will set in the front of the house and it is a section that will be added to the existing part of the house on the one end. in the middle of the two parts I think we will just use piers for the floor joist to sit on.  It is only a span of 22 feet and just the front side will need dug and just a few feet more on the side. It may have taken me a few days to get it done, but the reward means some rest for me until we get our block and more gravel. I had some restless nights dealing with pain of unused muscles, but well worth every bit of it. I am now on a mission to build this house!

In the mean time there are several things that I can be working on in other places outside and in. I will be helping to finish up mowing the yard for the first time this year. I do have quite a bit of tree trimming to do also. I can't forget the pigs, they too need my attention. My labs have been in training as well. I have an escape artist that needs to learn just because I am working in the back yard she can not just dig under the dog fence and come see me.

Indoors the spring cleaning will keep me busy; like cleaning out my closet.  I hate to think of the girls room as I never know where to start there. They seemed to accumulate most of their stuff here until their room is added at their house. Thankful for all the crates I saved and filled already with all my art supplies etc. that will make an easy transfer when the time comes. Summer will be here before we know it and I sure hope I have walls up and roof so I don't have to worry about too much heat. Everything else should fall into place after that. Glad we emptied the pool this past fall it will be one less thing I will have to work hard at cleaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment