Saturday, May 13, 2017

What My Children Mean to Me

What My Children Mean to Me
Emma Dorsey
 5.13.17 


What My Children Mean to Me
As I grow older and my hair turns grey,
I often wondered what my kids have to say.
After years of training, discipline, boo boo’s and such,
I think, do they still love me a little or as much.
Through tears and laughter they have all come to be,
Unique individuals that fell from my tree.
Sometime unkind words did get spoken,
Even some days my heart felt like a little bit broken.
If they only knew how much I think of them every day,
And how often my heart carries them always as I pray.
I have been blessed with more than I know.
I hope that their love spreads and it grows.
I love they all so much,
But some seem to lose touch.
I am growing older, and much, much slower.
I sometimes wish they would just come on over.
Come give me a hug and a hand when I need it,
Just come home to visit.
Too big for my lap but never too big for my kisses.
Yes these are the things I am really missing.
Time keeps on ticking, I can tell you that,
My kids are my world no matter what.
I still dream of the days we will see paradise
I think of it often it would be so nice.
But we all have our families and others to tend,
Will we all make to the very end?
Just want them to know I love them so much.
And think of them often and miss them a bunch.












No comments:

Post a Comment