Monday, October 31, 2016

Where I’m From



Where I’m from
Emma Dorsey

I am from Clothes line drying in the breeze,
Knockin nails and building things.
I am from high on the hill with home cooked meals.
I am from fields with Tiger lilies and frogs.
The Maple where we climbed and built forts so high.
I’m from overnight stays and hot headed ways,
From Gramma grunt and  poppa henry.
I’m from gardens of plenty, night crawlers and fishin,
And from huge bowls of popcorn in front of the telly.
I’m from you’ll never amount to a hill of beans, to I love you and you are
My sunshine.
I’m from fireworks on the fourth creating lot of noise.
I’m from somewhere I will never return to and some where I want to go.
Poppa’s homemade Potpie noodles and  Great Granny bird’s grape jellies.
From Great Granddad’s home brewery during prohibition
and my gramma and auntie’s whoopin (for sharing it with their friend.)
Poppa and Gramma’s pictures side by side, when they were just young loves,
Set on my nightstand to remind me of love
I am the dud in the fireworks that came as a surprise that finally explodes
Into the night skies.

No comments:

Post a Comment