Saturday, November 5, 2016

Things of Today



Things of Today
By
 Emma Dorsey

I am from scraps of this and that
From antiques and recycles.
I am from broken down, crooked and a bit of shabby chic.
I am from an earthy pig farm.
The old Live Oak whose long broken branches remind me of myself.
I am from BBQ’s, homemade gift giving
From Shug and me.
I am from if you’re not bleeding, it won’t kill ya, clean your room, and searching for a heart of gold.
I’m from time forgotten and starlit moon lights.
Homemade ice cream, chocolate dope and hugs and kisses
From raising siblings and all my own, plus a few more of others.
Family pictures proudly displayed on Facebook.
I am from lots of kids and many more g kids that makes my heart a glow.
A love that no one else will know.
I have found my heart of gold, in the love of my life and I’ve got a friend.
One who brought my heart a mend.

No comments:

Post a Comment