Sunday, January 29, 2017

Hog Heaven

Over the weekend we finally got our registered Guinea hogs. We bought a momma and three boys from a man who wanted out of the pig business. We were hoping to get the boar along with  them but he had already been promised to someone else. Our daughter and her sweetheart helped us bring them home. After getting them in the pen and settled in a bit I went down to the barn to see them. The three boys are just a bit over nine weeks old. Their momma may be  pregnant also. The boys are very tame and  boy do they love to get scratched! I started to scratch one and he fell over on his back, then one more comes to get scratched and the same happened and yes the final one came over and fell over too. I am in love. They are so much like my Wilbur was.
As for my new babies from my other girls, they are doing great. They come out every day and soak up the sun with their  mommas.

No comments:

Post a Comment