Saturday, June 24, 2017

Chloe the Goat




            We have received one of the two goats we were expecting yesterday. She is a very sweet goat at that. She is about a month or so pregnant. That is so exciting to me too. I have missed my goats so very much. I love to hear them baa. Just like my pigs I could spend a lot of time with them. I am not sure when the second goat will get here because he is a bit more skittish than she was. With all the rain we have had the pen in which they had been kept in has been pretty muddy and we all know how that can go if you are chasing down an animal that doesn’t want to be caught. You may end up face down in the mud unwillingly.  I am so happy to have goats back on the farm it really is bringing it to a complete farm again.

          We are going to build a goat milking table soon so we can start getting our own milk, butter and cheeses. I am so looking forward to learning how to milk one. I am also planning to make up some goat milk soap. My goals for this farm are getting closer to giving back and that is a great thing to be moving towards.

We are making some automatic waters this weekend for the goats and pigs. This will help us  cut back on some of the work that is required every day. Homesteading may take some work, but in the end it will make our life’s so much better. Just knowing where they come from and what our animals eat and how some of our food is grown is a great deal of relief. I fixed a wonderful blueberry pie the other day and man was it good. In the fall a garden will go out for some of the food we can grow then. School kept me tied up at the beginning of this year so it was not prepared for. once we have things going it will not take as long or as much time to get things going in the spring ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment