Sunday, June 25, 2017

Silvia the Bunny



Silvia
Today, after our worship service, we had to go to Walmart to pick up a few things. On the way in there was a lady standing outside the front doors and in her hands she had the cutest little bunny. She asked me if I wanted her. Wow how can I resist. We were just talking about rabbits just the other day. My husband said “You have no place for that rabbit” and I said “Oh yes, we still have a few rabbit hutches left at home from when we raised them before.” I whispered to the lady I will take her and I will be back shortly. She told me she would wait for me to come back out.
We shopped for the few things we needed and I went out to see if she was still there and she was gone. My heart sunk. But as I was crossing the parking lot, she come across the way with her. I was so happy. I took her to the car and opened up a bottle of water for her because I know it was very hot and who knew how long they were out front there. Capful after capful she lapped up.
When we got home I gave her more water and some greens that I had in the refrigerator and some sweet feed. I put her in a plastic shoe box with an old shirt pulled over one end of it for now. I am sorry to tell my cats that they have been evicted from the rabbit hutch I have been feeding them in. Hum now I have another dilemma, where will I feed the cats?
I have everything ready to go when the time comes to put my little silver bunny I names Silvia out in her new home. A rabbit waterer, a feeder pan and a rather big size home for her to live in. I hope she feels like she got picked by a good mommy to come home with.  I love saving the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment