Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Mending Fences




Despite the fact it has been raining here almost every day for the last week I have managed to get a lot done. I have been working on refinishing a big coffee table that my daughter gave me for the new addition of the house. In between rains I have been sanding and waxing it little by little.
Also we have got the new pool up and running. The girls have been little fish all day long, even in the rain. This year we converted over to a salt water pool. Already it has paid off.
My daughter’s boyfriend is giving up farming for the time being and I bought two goats from him; a male and female and she may be pregnant. Not sure what kind they are yet and don’t really care at this time as I need someone to mow down the pasture some to share with the pigs. I spent the morning mending fences and fixing pens. The goats will be delivered sometime today or tomorrow. I will be ready for them.
I have been doing a lot of research on homesteading. I want to get serious about what we have going on here with our pigs and chickens. The goat will provide milk for us sometime in the near future too. I can use it in my soap too. I want to make some money off the animals we have now. I do need a few more chickens, but that will come soon enough too.
Blueberry bushes are ready for picking. They are the nicest ones we have had in a while with all this rain we have been getting. So picking and preserving is on the list of things to do. Not to mention mowing the yard again, if the rain stops enough for the yard to dry up a bit for me to do it.
The house plans are still in order and we have to pick up poles soon. The Sumac trees are tall in the back of the house again.It's due to the crazy weather too,and that means work all over again removing them before the poles go in. Ugh how I hate how those trees keep popping up everywhere.  We have called about roof supplies and we may have got some help with the build that would be a blessing for sure if we do. Anyway I have been a busy little farmer. Time keeps on ticking and one day my house will be done and I will be happy. Until then I will keep plugging away at it.
Just finished my table!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment