Saturday, August 5, 2017

Mango Mania and More





     I have been busy splitting mango seed pods this morning. I have 60 Mango trees planted, and for now they will be four to a pot. It won’t be long till I have them all coming up. They all got put in organic soil too. Mangoes are so very easy to start from seeds. Getting then scraped down enough to get the seed pods split is a chore though.  Once you have split them you can plant them directly in the pot with just enough dirt to cover them over. Just remember that the seed is planted long ways and not sideways for faster start. This is also the same way I do Avocado seeds, skipping the water start all together. 

     Yesterday we bought several Hibiscus trees, some white some red and some the tag did not give a color just showed multi-color.  There are two to a pot with those. I also bought some Asiatic Jasmine to use as ground cover in a few places in the yard. I am also getting my square foot gardens ready to go too today. We will be digging up, separating and potting blue berry bushes this fall. We have several varieties of these too along with Forsythia bushes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment