Thursday, August 3, 2017

What an Anniversary this Year




       Now here is an anniversary I will not soon forget. My Hubby went to see his dad at the hospital while I was at work. My daughter picked me up and brought me home. I knew I would have to tend to the animals when I got home, because he would not have been here at feeding time. First thing we see is Jacob the goat in the yard waiting for us.  Now how in the world did he get out of the pen this time? He followed me up to the house, so I had to let him in  and fed him. I hurried up and gathered the buckets of food and went on down to feed everyone. When I got to the pig pen I found my surprise, four baby pigs from Lady Cersei. I found one more that had got out of the pen and had wandered to the boy’s pen and had got caught in the fence. She had a few puncture wounds in her side. I brought her up to the house to clean her up and put her in a container for Pooh to look at her. Back to the chores I went. Fed and watered the rabbits. Watered all the animals at the barn. Rewired the fence and put the goat back in his pen. I did all of this before Pooh came home.
       We went to the barn and got the baby pen set up and Lady in with her babies, in the meantime two of the other girls escaped out the gate. Thankfully they love to eat and more food brought them right back in. The baby is being treated with red oil and put back with her momma. We have three girls and two boys.
I am exhausted now. Too tire to worry about an anniversary. After 27 years some times  farming happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment