Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Jacob and the Girls




     Yesterday was a busy day here on the farm. My daughter was here getting her car ready for her trip but in the mean time she brought Jacob over. He is the goat I was talking about the other day. He is a Nigerian beauty. He is very sweet and very smart. He wasn’t in the pen for more than a half an hour and he already escaped. See, Chloe was being mean to him and she wanted to let him know by all means she was the boss. He found a weak link in the fence and out he went. I am glad I was right there. We had gone down to the barn to check on him because our G-daughter say Chloe was head butting him. I sent her to the house to get some feed for the two goats and scooped him up and put him back in the pen and called for some wire to “batten down the hatches.” We gave them cool water and I drug the dog house that the dogs never use down for him to have his own house to hang on and in. We collected some grass for both of them and hoped that would be a truce for the two of them. Dad went down before bed to check on them. Things were settled down and Jacob was on his house and Chloe on hers.
     I collected 2 eggs yesterday, so I guess that the new girls were happy in their new home. I got to hold Lil Red yesterday too. She is very sweet and I see why the G-kids wanted to keep her. I will be moving her in with the other reds here soon. Sad thing happened though, my big white hen that took care of all our new babies died. I knew she wasn’t going to make it for too much longer. She was a broiler house chicken and I know they are short lived. We all have to be prepared for death on the farm whether it is for food purposes or natural causes/ predator. I feel bad but things are what they are. We move on. I will be excited now to leave eggs for the girls to hatch though which makes up for the loss.
     


I love all my animals and spoil them all rotten. I spend a good bit of time scratching pigs yesterday as of every day. The love to line up by the fence and wait for a scratching. Minnie and Cersei are always the first in line too. They will most definitely flop over too. My farm keeps me sane and moving forward.  I am looking for the day where that is the only thing I do besides  the Kingdom work.

No comments:

Post a Comment