Monday, July 31, 2017

The Perfect Deviled Egg



     For those of us who love a deviled egg but hate to fight peeling them, I have the best tip for you. I have boiled eggs for so many years and I always dreaded peeling them. You know if they are not just the right age or something it is no easy task taking off those shells. Sometimes you come out with perfectly easy to peel eggs and other times when you need them the most to come out perfect, well you know what happens… half of the egg ends up in the garbage. Well, I found the perfect way for you to have perfect eggs every time. I bought this wonderful steamer pan and I add just enough water to it to meet with the steamer insert. Then you place as many eggs as you like in and cover them with a lid and bring the water to a boil. Now, here is the best part, you turn down the heat to simmer for 20 minutes and then turn them off and cool for a little bit and when you come back all you do is crack the side of the egg and the whole shell just slides right off. No more divots, no more losing most of the egg to the garbage. This has been a life saver for me as we love deviled eggs and I love taking them to parties and get togethers. I steamed up 2 dozen of them the other night and had them cleaned and ready to fill in just a few minutes. Everyone thinks I was crazy to make them but it is a breeze now.
Here is my pan, and here are some of my eggs I made the other day. Perfect every time and done in no time at all. Bon Apatite


No comments:

Post a Comment