Thursday, August 3, 2023

Can You Believe it 33 Years and Counting

     It has been 33 years since I married the love of my life! I  can tell you now that I broke the life expectance record  by three years being married too. I never thought 30 would be a year in my life until I met Thomas! 30 was a great year even after stressing over turning 30 at 29. Here I am passing the 33rd mark of marriage with Tom. And I remember hearing it will never last from oh so many of my family members.

    After raising our kids together and dealing with all the pitfalls and unpleasantries of life, we have finally come to a time in our lives that many never get to either due to breakups or lose of a loved one. I am very grateful to have such a loving mate that supports me in all things. You see, I almost lost Tom in 2019 to a heart attack and if it weren't for the fact I have been so into natural health and wellbeing I may have missed all the signs and lost him. That was a scary few days for me too because it was at the height of covid 19. Thank God I was home and retired by that time or I may have found him in the front yard as he was mowing. 

    We have made some bold moves since then and moving was one of those things. Moving so far from family to a place we knew no one to boot. We scaled down from a 3 bedroom place to 390 square feet of living space on the most beautiful 3 acres yet right on Goose Creak. Granted all our children found it to be a far away but enchanting place but too far for them to just drop in whenever. Now days we have to coordinate the times in which we visit and that in itself is a true task. We really thought since we were so close to the beaches they would find it easy to come visit. Not always the case!

    We have added space to our living area with our 12x32 shedroom master suite and created a living room on our closed in porch with a great view of the creek. We also have added our greenhouse and carport. We are still working on scaling back on things we brought from  the old house to make room for an office /craft /guest space in one of the 2 containers we have purchased. The other is a work space for tools and shop for Tom.

    Together we have planted gardens and trees for the future and are working on a few other projects this year that include closing in the front porch  with windows and building a covered walk way between the shedroom and the house to weather proof the journey back and forth. Oh yes and the deck and dock is needing some attention also. But all in all we have made the change and the jump to a new place a success and we love what we have. I couldn't ask for a better 33 years. Oh yes the grands are coming to spend the weekend with us too!


Happy Anniversary My Love and a Eternity More!

No comments:

Post a Comment