Sunday, August 6, 2023

Everyone is Ready to Go

         Today we are all off to the beach! This is what the grands have been waiting for! So off we went in 2 different vehicles. We started off by going to the drift wood beach but the kids didn't like it so we drove on up the way to the place Pop and I were last year and it was just what the kids were hoping for. Not too many folks crowding and plenty of beach space to set down our beach rug. lots of space for the kids, ha! but little did we know they would take off on down a ways away from us and we couldn't find them until almost the time we packed up to go. Well you know how kids are they find adults boring and no fun. Pop and I went out into the water together for a short time but being in the water is not Pop's thing, so I stayed out all by myself for most of the time we were all there. Pop sat on the beach basking in the very hot sun and turning 5 shades of red in doing so. I came out for a short time to hang with him then he went to eat. Me back tot he water I went which is fine with me as I love how the water makes my broken old self feel. As time passed I could tell it was time for me also to get out of the sun. Packing up we finally found the kids and asked if they wanted to eat and there were no takers so we bit them farewell and told them not to stay  too much longer. As we drove off the rain started to fall. By the time we got home the kids were not far behind us. Everyone on tired and a bit weathered from the sun we all called it a great day at the beach. 


No comments:

Post a Comment