Monday, August 14, 2023

Putting up the Fruits- Pear Butter

         Here we are once again time to put up the fruits of the growing season. My bbf. sent me a bag of pears from her tree this week. Her tree was loaded this year. Since we have just recently moved all of our fruit trees are just starting out and will take a few years before we even think about fruit growing on them. So putting up fruits will not be a thing unless we buy it at the local farmers market or friend send it our way.

      The last batch of pear butter is long gone for the most part as I have shared with friends and family. So it is time to break out the old crock pot and get started. I spent a good part of yesterday peeling and cutting up my pears.   In the pot they went.


 

I start out with the pot completely full. Here is my ingredients list. Note I don't measure in this recipe.

Pears peeled cored and sliced. 

Cinnamon

Nutmeg

Cardamom

Ginger

Allspice 

Clove

A whole package  of brown sugar

A dash of lemon juice

 A cup of water

I turn the crockpot on high and cook it for a few hours then turn it on low and cook over night that way. When I came in to check on it the pot had cooked down 1/2 way. Now I take the lid of and cook it down some more. By this time almost all the pear has broken down and the juice had just about thickened up. I take the hand mixer and pulverized it into a nice sauce. 


Time to get the jam jars ready! Taste yummy!




     There you go!  This recipe can be used not only for pears but apples, peaches, pumpkin or any fruit as long as it is cooked down . If you choose to leave out any of the spices it is up to you. I always just do it to my taste I also use stevia in some of my butters for my Hubby. If you choose to use other natural sweeteners you can do that too. Just cook it down to pudding consistency . Don't forget to add your labels with the date and what fruit it is.




No comments:

Post a Comment