Sunday, February 9, 2020

Just can’t seem get out of the Weather!


Just can’t seem get out of the Weather!


     This past week has been a rollercoaster of a ride when it comes to the weather and I can’t seem to get passed it. We started out with temperatures in the upper 70’s on Monday.  Tuesday and Wednesday we had some rain. As I said in the other page we had warnings of flooding for days and had little rain accumulate. Thursday was when the bucket literally broke. We had torrential downpours, thunder and lightning, tornadoes and high winds with hail in some areas. Downed trees and by Friday we had the roads washed out. Saturday’s forecast was snow and accumulating to boot.

      I always tell my husband how I think it will play out and he seems to disagree with me many times. This time I told him to go buy his milk on Friday night so he had some when the snow came. His reply was it isn’t going to snow here. Well we all knew how that played out. He did go to the store and pick up my g daughter in the process. Our driveway is far worse now from all this crazy weather and I guess I am glad I am not driving right now. The rut is deep he said. I hate to hear that because just about the time we get it drivable again we have this happen. I feel like we have our very own Baha route from the road to the house which is at least a ¼ mile long straight up.

     Today we have weather that I had never heard of; freezing fog.  Define- “Freezing fog is fog that forms when the temperature at the surface is at or below the freezing mark (32 degrees Fahrenheit).” (AccuWeather) Yup and there you have it. I learned something new, how about you.  To tell you the truth I have learned a lot about weather this last week. I can tell you now that I understand how the weather folks can predict one thing now and have another in just a moment’s time too. 

     This just came across the news today: Mild earthquake hits Gwinnett County. The magnitude 2.3 quake struck just north of the city of Lilburn at 4:20 a.m., according to the USGS. LILBURN, Ga. ... The United States Geological Survey recorded a 2.3 magnitude earthquake near Lilburn early Sunday morning.2 hours ago.


 I think the sign of the times are tell us something! Just saying!



     Tomorrow we are supposed to go back to rain and we will get cumulative amounts again so where we already have flooding that occurred we can add to that and  that ca mean more downed trees and power outages. This forecast is for the rest of the week for us for the most part.  Monday and Tuesday heavy intensity rain. Wednesday is light rain. Thursday the same as Monday and wow Friday clear sky and Saturday cloudy. Oh then back to heavy intensity rain fall again. We have managed to have our February rainfall all in one day last week so we may end up in a drought by the end of the summer, right. Temperatures will be in the upper 50’s and upper 60’s too this week until the clearing and cloudy days then drop down to 40’s and freezing at night.  

     Yup, are you sick yet? I know I am and I mean that literally. Back to coughing and I don’t get out much.Weather is a crazy thing and I am glad I am not a weather person. We have had more than enough for my liking that is for sure. I just want it to be warm again. 

     Today’s Quote:
“Weather forecast for tonight: dark. “ George Carlin
“In light of the weather I thought it was perfect.” Emma Dorsey
     Scripture of the day:

Is. 28: 17 And I will make justice the measuring line And righteousness the leveling tool. The hail will sweep away the refuge of lies, and the waters will flood out the hiding place.

      “Weather today: Changing every second of the day” Emma Dorsey
May your day be a bright sunshiny day with your families on this wonderful Sunday afternoon.



No comments:

Post a Comment