Friday, February 21, 2020

Protect Thyself!



Protect Thyself!

     I was kind of shocked to read a post one of my friends had posted on Facebook a day ago. She had just walked to her car in the parking lot of a store when a couple of cars pulled up to her and pinned her in. She was scared to death because they got out and were beating on her windows and screaming at her. Fortunately there was a Good Samaritan or guardian angel watching over her. A truck pulled up and chased these guys away! I don’t know how I would have acted in a time like that but I thought about it and told my hubby what had happened to her. He gave me a few good tips about what to do in case this happened here. You know so many of our sisters are out in field service these days and they may come up on such a scary incident too.

Good Advice For you Ladies

     He said if that were to happen the first thing you should do is start taking pictures of the people. If they know you are taking pictures of them they will take off. Good point. I thought well from now on I would make sure my doors are all locked once I get into the car. If the pictures do the trick make sure you get a picture of the cars involved too and call 911.  Try to park where there are cameras. Keep a container of pepper spray or mace in the door of your car. Honk your horn anything to bring attention to your situation. Don’t forget to Pray.

     Living close to a major city like Atlanta, you always see on the news about carjackings especially when folks are getting gas. Remember to always turn off your car and take your keys when paying or pumping your gas and never leave your purse in the car. If you have your children in the car or a pet they are safer under locked car. Thieves may not have that chance to steal your precious cargo then. A good thought to keep in mind is get your gas without your children and pets if possible or let our hubby fill your tank the night before. So many of these thieves will slip in the opposite door of the car to steal it. Just be aware of what is always going on around you. And if someone does get into your car don’t try to get it back let it go no matter what the cost.

     There  are so many folks out in the world these days that don’t have any respect for another human being and we are living in a time when so many take desperate measures only to serve their own needs. Drugs, car theft for profit, and even child and women kidnappings are so ramped these days, we all need to be aware and be safe.
I hope this post will help you ladies out there. I am glad my dear friend is fine and she made it safely home to her family. Just remember keep that phone in a place you can get to it fast and Pray.

     Quote of the day:  


     Scripture of the day:

Ps 18: 1-3 I shall have affection for you, O Jehovah my strength. 2 Jehovah is my crag and my stronghold and the Provider of escape for me. My God is my rock. I shall take refuge in him, my shield and my horn of salvation, my secure height.  3 On the One to be praised, Jehovah, I shall call, and from my enemies I shall be saved.





No comments:

Post a Comment