Saturday, February 8, 2020

Snow Day


Snow Day

Start of snow

     For us folks who live in this part of Georgia it is an uncommon sight to see snow. Usually Atlanta gets it but we are on the wrong side of the Mountain range and it cuts off in the middle of our county, pretty much straight up I-85. That is good for me as I only like to see it once in a blue moon or in this case it will be close to that Snow moon.


1 hr later

The back yard

     Everyone is posting their pictures of the snow here. It is so funny you would thing we were all little kids seeing the snow for the first time. Today it will be short lived because it is supposed to stop by 1PM. It never last more than a day unless it is snowmaggedon type. In that case we are all in a jam because most folks don’t know how to drive in it because of the lack of it. Unlike back home where we always had lots of it and for the bigger part of winter. I use to do backwards donuts in the church parking lot back home it was a blast.

     I use to love the snow! But now not so much. I had a back injury in 1990 and it ended my snow fun days. Sad too because when I was growing up my dad bought me my first pair of skies when I was very young and we skied all the time. We use to ice skate and sled too. My kids never got to see much snow because we moved here shortly after that and snow just goes as fast as it comes.

      Today the weather is my way of reminding me of the back surgery I had in 1994. My old bones can feel the pain. It is funny how old injuries can remind us of so much. My ankle always reminds me of the time I fractured it in gym class by Cindy Fishbaugh jumping on it playing volley ball. Not to mention my thumb I broke when walking out the front door at mom’s as we were going ice skating in the creek. I still love the snow don’t get me wrong it is just pretty as can be but here today and gone tomorrow or buy lunch is fine with me. I have already shoveled the steps out front. I am sure the kids will be having a blast playing in it. As for me I will stay in where it is warm and enjoy it out the window.

     Today’s quote:

“I wonder if the snow loves the trees and fields, that it kisses them so gently? And then it covers them up snug, you know, with a white quilt; and perhaps it says, "Go to sleep, darlings, till the summer comes again.”  Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass

     Scripture of the day:

Is 55: 10 For just as the rain and the snow pour down from heaven and do not return there until they saturate the earth, making it produce and sprout, giving seed to the sower and bread to the eater,

     Weather today:

 Looking pretty white to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment