Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Busy Day Yesterday


Busy Day Yesterday

     It was an unplanned day for me. I forgot our son-in-law was coming to slaughter that last rascal of a pig that escaped a few months back. When he came he brought us several boxes of chicken and sausage and told us to do what we may with it. So while the guys were working on the pig, I spent my time in the kitchen bagging meat. I had enough to share with a few friends of mine and it would be a great time just to drop by and see them. I divided up a few boxes and squeezed into our freezer some that we could use, which was not very much since our freezer were filled with pig from the last slaughter.

     After the guys finished up, I washed down all the pig parts and bagged up a few for one friend and the rest was going to another. She came and picked hers up. While she was here, I also gave her a faux stained glass that I had done and a small picture I painted for her earlier for her housewarming gifts.

     After showering we were off to deliver the rest. First to Nicholson. My good friend Pam and her son Hunter are always on my list to help out. She and I had become friends through school when I helped with her son’s class. He is one of my favorite kids as I said before in one of my earlier posts. I was glad school was out and I got to see him. He makes me happy. It was so great to see her too. I wish I have my car and we would hang out more!

     Next we were off to our dearest and oldest friend Sybil’s. She is in Athens. We really need to visit there more often as she is getting up there in years. She will be 94 this October. She and I use to work at BI-LO years ago when we first moved to Commerce. Her and her husband were exotic bird breeders too like we were but on a larger scale by far. She and I talk almost every day just so I can make sure she is ok. She is like a mother to me.  She loves to find goodies for me every time we go there and we take stuff for her and end up bring a truckload back from her. My hubby went to the hospital to visit a friend of his while we girls visited. Before we left she wanted to take us out to dinner so we went to eat at her favorite Chinese restaurant. We didn’t get back home until late. So I am going to say sorry for no blog page yesterday. And yes we came home we came home with a truck load of stuff too and 5 basil plants to go in my garden.
     
     I love helping out my friends when I can and it is always good to take time out timeout to visit with the dear ones in life. I can say my day was a busy one, but it was a great one.

      Quote of the day:

“Friendship isn’t a big thing- it’s a million little things.” Paulo Coelho  

     Scripture of the day:

 Ps. 107:1 Give thanks to Jehovah, for he is good; His loyal love endures forever.

There is no greater friendship the being great friends with the Grand Creator Himself.     



    


No comments:

Post a Comment