Wednesday, February 5, 2020


Spaghetti Day 

     I don’t know about you but I love homemade spaghetti. I make up a huge pot of it when I make it too. All my kids loved my spaghetti when they were home and so do my G kids. It takes me a bit to get everything prepared but it sure beats opening up a jar of some companies and heating it up.
I cook a pound of Italian sausage and a pound of ground lean beef for starters. Chop up finely an onion and 8-10 cloves of garlic. Once I have the meat just about cooked I add the onion. Add salt and pepper to taste. When the onions are turning clear I add the garlic. Strain grease and add to sauce.

      In a large pot, I use about four cans of sauce, but when I can I use two quarts. One can Tomato juice and a tube of tomato paste. Remember I am a dumper but this is my herb list I put into my sauce: 2 bay leaves, thyme, oregano, today I used fresh and dried basil, marjoram, sage and rosemary. I add a ¼ cup of sugar to tone down the acidity of the tomato. I let the sauce reduce down to about ½ cooking it on low to medium heat with a splatted screen over it. Stirring occasionally. 
Not reduced down but simmering.

     We like the angel hair pasta for our noodles, cooking and draining then I will add them to the sauce after the reduction. My hubby likes to add a couple of slices of yellow American cheese to his, but I love my freshly shredded parmesan cheese on mine. 

      I make up garlic bread to go with it. I melt the butter and mix in chopped garlic and spread it on the bread then top it with Italian seasoning and parmesan cheese and pop it into the toaster oven to melt it all together.  You can’t have spaghetti without some way to sop up the sauce!

     Now the cat is out of the bag because I have never shared my recipe for my spaghetti before not even to my children. Here is the sauce before it is reduced. I hope you will try my recipe it has always been a hit at my house. Unfortunately my spaghetti sauce was started a bit later than I usually make it (which takes all day to cook down) So I cannot show you the final part and have a picture of the meal all together. Life happened.  Sorry I will post a picture later. 

OO WE it was yummy!


     Today’s quote:

“The secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside.” -Mark Twain

     Scripture of the day:

I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?Ps. 118:6.

     Fact about the weather:
    
     Did you know that this next full moon we are about to see is called the Snow Moon and it is the second full moon of the winter? This year the moon will be a super moon too. This moon is known by the Indians as one that brings heavy snow to many places. Here is a link for a video on it. https://youtu.be/gye4drwPXAQ  Now I sure hope we don't have a lot of snow this month but they have forecasted it for the next week! I  like a little bit of it but I don't want snowmagedon

 Anyway keep warm, eat hearty and enjoy life while you can. Bon Appetite!/youtu.be/gye4drwPXAQ





No comments:

Post a Comment