Friday, January 3, 2020

Confounded Pigs


C Day
Confounded Pigs
     Why is it every time it comes a bad rain storm the pigs always find a way to get out? It has been pouring buckets and when we went to feed the pigs, they had all escaped. Thankfully the registered pigs didn’t go far from the pen and they went right in as soon as they knew food was coming. They had busted out of the back of the barn.  After fixing the spot where they broke out We called and drove around the property to see if we could find the other three but so far no sign of them. One is my girl Lucy, she is the oldest of the pigs and is very much pregnant. The other two are feeder hogs and one is fixed and the other not. Maybe a neighbor found them and got free groceries for the day or piglets. I do hope they get back up the hill and back where they belong though, especially Lucy.

     On a good note, I fixed the roof from leaking in the ceiling of our kitchen. No, I didn’t go out on the roof, but I cheated a bit by using the flex tape they advertise on the telly.  That made my day because now I shouldn’t have to mop anymore. Time will tell. I had used the tape before and it does do what they say it does. I give them an a plus. It truly worked too no more mess! The rain is coming down in pools now too!  


     I made a batch of chicken salad today but I didn't have grapes so I substituted them for mango and it turned out to be a great caribbean like salad. here is the recipe:
 2 halves chicken breast,
 1 stalk of celery, 
1 cup  mayo, 
1 tb of lemon juice
A dash of garlic powder,and onion powder,
1/2 a mango cubed
Mix well and enjoy!


     Days like today are only good for two things and that is a hot mug of cocoa and a good book  cozying up by the fire. After being in the rain I feel like that may be the best Idea I had all day.
I hope you enjoy this blusteriest rainy C day as I have (not).  I can’t wait till spring!

*Update on pigs, they are all home safely now no neighbor got lunch today!




No comments:

Post a Comment