Saturday, January 4, 2020

D is for Duties all Around the Farm


D day
     Darn it is can be hard to come up with a d day post. So I will just have to talk about the daily duties we must all keep up with here on our farm. It may be a short post today but I guess my pea brain has run out of things to say this week.

     Feeding the hogs is one of those jobs my hubby does and he feeds the chickens and guineas. He collects eggs and makes sure every ones waterers are full. He has been trying this last few days to get the two hogs that got loose back in the pen but that just isn’t happening because we have a bunch of new grass growing and they think it is far better to stay out and eat it first.
     
     My job is to feed all the barn cats and rabbits, that seems to be something they all think is something they get to do all day anymore. The cats take turns eating just because there are a few that don’t get along with the others. My oldest cat Muggles eats all by herself as she has been beaten up too many times by some of the males we have. Fat on the other hand is right at the front door along with dUI first thing when I let the dogs out the go to the potty. Taz, Skylar and dui all eat together and then Simba comes and Dui tries to run him off. The indoor cats all are waiting for me to come straight out of the bedroom for their food first thing. I feed the indoor dogs too. My hubby does the out door ones because they try to escape when I open their pen because the are so happy to see me. 



     loading The Wood cart, now that is a thing I hate to do because I have lifted up too much weight on the wood cart it put my back out this past week and I am still suffering for it. I have the great privilege to lift it up the steps every day.

     You know I will be so glad when that duty is not one I have to do for a while and that is a good reason for me to hate winter. Now once it is warmer I will be back to mowing the yard with the push mower, I love that because I get my steps in.

     I love to cook and I spend a lot of time in the kitchen in the winter, I love making bread and things that are just plain fattening.  I love creating new things too. I have been making all our salad dressings lately. I think it is so much better when you know exactly what is in the things we eat. New recipes are something I love to look for too.

     I will be getting the herb garden up and potted soon. I bought a bunch of new seeds to get going. I have my green onions growing in the window right now. Keeping all my plants I brought in for the winter watered is another thing I have to watch because since we heat strictly with wood it tends to dry out all the plants faster. I can’t wait till it is warm enough to get back out side and plant my garden.

     I always try to get my daily reading of the Bible in first thing in the morning because it is a very quiet and peaceful time of the day for me, before my hubby gets up. That is my favorite time of day too.
Well anyway that is my d day for now I have dinner to go get ready for. It ended up a lot longer than I thought!

   

No comments:

Post a Comment