Monday, January 13, 2020

JDay up date -Jot it down

J- Day

      Do you ever find yourself wondering what exactly you went to the store for and just couldn't remember to save you? If you are like me, if I don’t write a list of make a note of something I need to remember, well I forget. I can even take a note of something and put it somewhere so I can remember it later and lose it only to find it something later when I don’t need it. 

     I write post its for so many things these days. Dates of family member’s birthdays, names, families to which they belong, deaths  to add to the genealogy that my father-in –law has passed on to me. Notes of when we bred animals and when they should be due. All kinds of things I seem to write down and still I forget where I might have put the note when I need it (Stressing this point!). I even keep a journal and have been for as long as I can remember. In fact if someone wanted to know more about my life they could pick a year and read all about it. I have book after book written about my life.

     I found that documentation is a good rule of thumb and we have proved that too. We use to foster years ago. I kept everything written down about the child we had taken in when his mom left him the same day he was born. When the time came to go to court to get custody, I had it all written down and his mom couldn’t dispute it. The Judge gave us custody hands down. That judge told me I was a very smart person to have kept track of the happenings and that has stayed with me even that much more when it comes to jotting things down. You never know when it may come in handy.  

     I have become a record keeper for a lot of things on this farm, births, deaths, shots, babies, and much more that is one things I do well. I hope you also have a good system of remembering things. It doesn’t have to be an elaborate thing just a note or two to start. that goes for anything thing you might do. I even dot down scriptures from the Bible so I can recall them when I need them most.  I love to bake and cook I am always writing down recipes. I think jotting down stuff   can make it easier to keep track of life events that you someday might want to pass down to children or grandchildren. Who knows it may be a starting point for a young mind to want to learn more about you in the long run.

     It reminds me of one of my favorite songs by George straight- Write this down. Now that brings back great memories of when my kids were younger and we use to sing this song together.  Create a memory, pass it along and have a great time doing it.



No comments:

Post a Comment