Wednesday, January 29, 2020


Y Day- Yoda and the Yellow Flowers

    Yesterday I spent a good bit of time with my youngest kitten Yoda. He and I have become best buds. I have had to do a lot of nursing on him since birth. He had infected eyes and snot nose. The routine was to clean his eyes and nose every day. Now he has gotten use to that and when I pick him up he knows what is coming first thing. I keep telling him, "I hate boogers and kitty poop in eyes."
Last night he spent most of the night snuggling up to me in the bedroom even sometimes under the blanket. Today I was in the bathroom brushing my hair and he came galloping down the hall and slammed on his breaks right at the door. He sat down and meowed at me a few times then galloped back down the hall. He has never done that before. Back down the hall he comes and does this all over again. I picked him up and brought him into my office cleaned out his eyes and nose and sent him on his way. Funny how cats do some of the funniest things when they pick you as their person.



     Now for the yellow daffodils that are blooming all over my yard, it is far too early for them to be blooming. The weather we have had, has sent them into overload and before we know it they will not make the early spring show. Did you know that they are highly poisonous to animals? My pigs have rooted so much of the yard that they have uncovered those ones that have been buried deep enough that they wouldn’t bloom. I guess they know they are not good to eat because they leave them uprooted everywhere.





     I really thing that there has been a huge change in our geological area and we are becoming more like the Florida neighbors. I am saying this because I am 50 south of the most northern part of Georgia and it is just crazy. Our temperatures this year alone have been way above the norm for highs. We have only had a day or so of freeze, which will hopefully kill off the bugs, which I doubt. This winter has brought so much rain and my yard has really taken the shots from it. Our driveway (which we have had fixed several times over the years) is a wreck again. No one wants to venture up it, not even my kids. All I have to say is this better bring the best growing season this year. This week along has been forecasted rain every other day, cold and warmer, cold and warmer, and we all wonder why we are all getting sick.

     I know in between the rainy days I am going to have to get out and start cleaning up the overgrown wisteria and move some rock if it isn’t too awfully cold. Some much to do!

     Today’s Quote:

"She turned to the sunlight and shook her yellow head, And whispered to her neighbor: "Winter is dead."
— 
A.A. Milne (When We Were Very Young (Winnie-the-Pooh, #3))

Scripture of the day:

Dan. 2:21 He changes times and seasons, Removes kings and sets up kings, Gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to those with discernment.





No comments:

Post a Comment