Thursday, January 23, 2020

T-Day Time for a Break


T-Day Time for a Break

     Yesterday I took a bit of time for myself. Sometimes I just have to do that. I spent the day just listening to classic rock on Pandora and watched a few of my favorite Agatha Christie: Miss Marple.

     I sometimes need time to think about things and just enjoy a day away from the computer. One thing I did do was get my son Matt’s package ready to go in the mail. I did get laundry taken care of and just lazed a bit. I am sure that most of us can say they need a day for time out. Just a kind of mental break.  It always seems to rejuvenate me when I do.

     Today I am back at it and seriously thinking about my bookshelf. Thinking is a big thought too because I just don’t know where to start on it. There are many old books that need to be packed up and sent to the thrift store. My thought is how I can do this without my hubby saying oh I need that book, even though it has been on the shelf for more than 15 years. I do have a few books too, lots of them.  I just know it is cold outside and I have so much to do inside that I just need to get started. I want to down size and minimize. You see I really don't have a lot of space to waste on books that will never get read again or even once anymore at least not  sit on a shelf and collect dust. I have decided that books that are downloaded are far less work and I probably have close to 5000 or more on my kindle. I read a lot of books too. I have two huge book cases full of doubles and triples of some books that were my children' s books when they use to study with us.  Now days even our study books are on line and we don't seem to use the real thing anymore but I will keep at least one of each. Who knows someone may find the truth written in one somewhere along the way. Great thought.
.

Let’s see how much I can get accomplished today.


No comments:

Post a Comment