Sunday, January 19, 2020


Q Day- Quiche

Today I made a couple quiche just for q day. I Love quiche and it is one way for me to use up a few eggs while I am at it. My hubby is not as keen on all the goodies that I love in mine so that is why I baked two. His is the basic quiche with onion, bacon, ham, garlic and lots of cheese. Mine on the other hand has bacon, ham, onion, garlic, homemade dried mushrooms, and greens with lots of cheese.

Making quiche is very easy. For starters I made my no fail pie crust. Makes 2 - 12” pie crust

3 cups flour
1 cup lard (from one of our Hogs)
1 egg (from our Chickens)
5 tablespoons. Of cold water
1 Tablespoons vinegar
Salt
Mix well and roll out on lightly dusted area.

To make the quiche I used
4 fresh eggs beaten well
1 cup of milk (for his and 1 Cup Coconut milk for mine.)
1 cup of shredded cheese Cheddar (I had mozzarella)
1 cup Parmesan grated
Salt and pepper
2 finely chopped cloves garlic
¼ cup finely chopped Onion
4 crisp pieces of bacon crushed up
½ cup ham
Mix well
Mine I added the mushrooms (some I dehydrated) and greens. Pour the mixture into the pie shell and bake for 50 minutes.

Yummy! Bon Appetite!


Hubby's Quiche




My  Quiche


     I enjoy baking and cooking, so when I can use the fresh stuff we have here it is always a good thing. Sometimes I have to make two just so I can make sure my hubby will eat it.
I hope some of you would love to try making your own Quiche or just use my pie crust recipe for making pies. Pies are my thing. I keep my recipe written in the inside of my cupboard door just in case my g daughter comes over because she loves baking pies as much as I do and I have to say she can make a mean crust too.
I have written several recipes on the cupboard doors just because I use them so much but most have been passed down from one generation to the next and I don’t want to lose them. If I ever move out of this house I will have to take the doors with me lol. But that is the best way I know to keep track of my favorites.   Have a great Q day!





No comments:

Post a Comment