Wednesday, January 15, 2020

L day is a sad day- Loss


L day is a sad day- Loss
     I went to the barn to check on Lucy today to see how she was doing. With all the rain we had in the last several days the barn has completely flooded and the mud was very deep. She came out of the barn and I heard a baby crying. I couldn’t even get to the barn side where she was because I didn’t have my boots on.  I came back up to the house to have Hubby come try to help create a dried place for Lucy and her babies. I grabbed the bedding bag and we both went down to the barn again. My hubby told me to wait outside the fence,while He went to the other side of the barn. he found about 10 babies all buried in the mud. All I wanted to do was cry. All I could think of was I wished we weren’t so sick this past week so we could have made sure the rain didn’t flood the barn again. It never fails it seems we always have a liter of pigs in the stormiest weather. The barn always floods too we have to figure a way to keep the barn from going under water every time we get such torrential downpours. It is crazy too because we built it right at the edge of the hillslope so it wouldn’t flood. But the damage the pigs have done here lately to the barn has not helped either, we really could use a lot of tlc to get the barn back to rain tight. I felt so bad for my poor Lucy. And to think the rain is to continue through Saturday here. This is a huge loss for the start of this year. I hate we started this way. Brokenhearted, Life on the farm.


No comments:

Post a Comment