Sunday, January 26, 2020

W Day- Working on another Victorian Beauty


W Day- Working on another Victorian Beauty

     I love drawing pictures and I have been working on this beautiful Victorian beauty the last few days. After my last one I draw and used colored pencil I decided to just draw in pencil on this one. I love finding pictures of old houses and drawing them and then I can say ha I own that house even if it is just a drawing of it.



Work in progress.



The house I built

The Dorsey House





     I have always been fascinated with all the wonderful details that each house gives. The more detailed the better. I remember when I was younger and out looking for a house to live in We came across some amazing ones with all the frills and gingerbread. Some were in disrepair, the kind you would love to just fix up and make it your own. I know those houses are money pits and once your spent your fortune on fixing them up you just couldn’t put any old furniture into it, it had to be period pieces. Just as scroll and elegant as the house itself. Something I could only dream of. So I draw.
I did live in a grand house once and it is one that belonged to my hubby’s family. It was his great uncles home along with the neighbor’s houses that belonged to the other members of his family. Long before I found all this out I would never in my wildest dreams think I could say that house and I would always have a connection. Years after we moved and I went off to live in my little house on George Street in Findlay Ohio, (which had some gingerbread too it but was a small version) I met my hubby and that was when I found out the history to the house. Years later I said that house would be mine again and I built it. It took me while but it was the house I loved.

     I still love these grand houses and one day… well I can still draw them. I could even go into my architecture program and make up the plans for one. My fascination with these houses could have made me lots of money in the day if I was designing then. I love drawing the things I love the most that I know could only have on paper but it is something I will keep doing until my hands no longer can draw.

     I hope you check out some of the other things I do on my Facebook page Emma’s Scentsations https://www.facebook.com/EarthsBlessingFarm/

                                                       
My quote for the day:

My Scripture for the day:


Deut. 30:9 Jehovah your God will make you abundantly prosperous in all the work of your hands

No comments:

Post a Comment